Friday, January 20, 2017

Greenwood Village, Colorado

During my first visit to United States I stayed in Greenwood Village a beautiful city near Denver, Colorado. A less populous and calm city that has everything you needed. Residence Inn Marriott – that’s the hotel I stayed for a month. It is one of the best hotel in Greenwood village for an extended stay. It is spread in number of cottages having a typical American Style. I stayed in building no 4, the suites were very spacious attached with a kitchen. Kitchen had everything from cooking utensils to dishwasher. However, I didn't have any plans for cooking during my stay. Maple trees and cute little bunnies running outside my cottage adds to the overall ambiance of the place. I couldn’t even take a proper picture of the bunnies, I guess they are too afraid of humans. The whole hotel is separated using a white wooden fence giving more traditional look. They conduct something called ‘Residence Inn Mix’ three days a week (Mon-Wed) which gives us a chance to the socialize with people staying there. There will be complimentary snacks and beverages along with ambient lights and music.

I came to US for attending a training from my company which is located in Englewood (2.2 miles away from hotel). The hotel has a shuttle service which offers free rides to and from office or any location within 5 miles. Free shuttle service is not something that every hotels offer and the shuttle drive Joe is someone I will never forget in my life. Joe is very dedicated and a caring person. He always refrain me from walking in dangerous street (where there is some work in progress) and offers a ride instead. I was able explore many places alone with his guidance.

Arapahoe at village center is the nearest RTD light rail station to the hotel. I used this station to fetch train to County Line, 18th California, Broadway etc. Park meadows is one of the largest mall in Denver and County Line is nearest station to it. 18th California station leads us to 16th Mall Street, a massive shopping street in the heart of Denver Downtown.

Greenwood Village has many restaurants including popular McDonalds, Subway, Chipotle, Taco bell etc. No matter what time or what day, whenever I go to most of the restaurants in Greenwood Village I will be the lone customer there. I always wonder how these restaurants profits with their very less number of customers. This is the similar situation in all shops here. I often used to take evening walk along the corridor of these shops and most of them would be empty.



Target, Sprouts and 7th Heaven are some of major grocery stores that I found in Greenwood Village. Sprout is quite famous here as it offers organic and farm fresh groceries which is located in Arapahoe Marketplace Shopping Center very closer to my hotel. Target is a mile away but worth a visit. You can find some cool stuffs in target for an attractive price. Jimmy John's, Chipotle, Arby’s are some of the restaurant closer to my hotel.  Arapahoe Marketplace Shopping Center, which is very near to my hotel has restaurants like Subway, Five Guys, Papa Murphy’s and Teriyaki Madness. Five Guys and Taco bell are my favorite restaurants in the area. There is something special about the cheeseburger in Five Guys and I recommend you to try it.
Roads and traffic system is US is tremendous, which is same in Greenwood Village. We can find meadows is both sides of the wide roads. Buildings are few and are widely spaced. One thing I noted is that all the buildings are painted in brown shades, my colleague explained this was to give more of natural look, too keep the charm of the place. I should say ‘greenwood village’ is the apt name for this place considering all the beautiful meadows found here.



Colorado is famous for its cool climate. My colleagues said, there is a saying “If you don’t like the climate in Colorado, wait five minutes it will change”. This is true, you can find a tremendous change in temperature as well as climate here. I visited Colorado on november and it is not the coldest month, though it was chilly when sun goes down. The lowest temperature I observed during my stay is 16 F (-8 deg Celsius). One day on the second week of my stay, a sunny morning turned into a snowy evening. Everything changed from green to white within few hours. Snow enhanced the beauty of the hotel. Snow covered up everything in hotel including all the pine trees, green bushes and roof, it looked like a place in winter fairy tales. The sun shines bright during day time and snow melts very quickly here. The snow disappeared after one day.
Denver Tech Centre in Greenwood village is the place where my office is located. It is a business and economic trading center having many IT companies.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *